Have your seasonal belongings – from bicycles to golf bags, shoes, clothing, holiday decorations, photos, camping equipment and more – picked up at home now and delivered to you next year by our new valet service
MONTREAL, October 6, 2015 – Valet Dépôt, a unique service targeting condo, apartment and home owners who need extra storage space but don’t have the time to manage it, officially launched in Montreal today. This new valet storage solution arrives just in time for the change of seasons, when Montrealers are looking to store their spring/summer items like bicycles, golf bags, camping equipment, shoes and clothing. Starting at only $1.70 per month, there is no easier, more secure, convenient and hassle-free way to declutter your home.
“We are thrilled to offer Montreal’s first and only valet service that drops off and picks up storage containers right at your door and delivers your seasonal belongings at home when you need them next season,” exclaims Valet Dépôt Founder & President James Bastian. “We help you save time, space, money and stress so you have time to focus on the important things in your life.”
Inspired by the Montreal condo boom
The creation of Valet Dépôt was fuelled by the rise in small condominium construction that offers minimal storage space. Today, 60% of first-time homeowners purchase a condo compared to the same number who purchased a single detached house 15 years ago.* In 2015 only, developers have broken ground on close to 8,000 new condo units in the downtown core.**
Many of these new condo owners do not have the time, energy or means of transportation to bring their seasonal items and sporting equipment to a storage unit. Valet Dépôt takes the hassle out of storing your belongings and eliminates the need for purchasing boxes.
Easy, affordable storage that comes to you
Montrealers looking to take advantage of this new valet service can follow these 5 simple steps:
1. We bring containers to you: sturdy storage containers are delivered to your home free of charge.
2. You do the packing: you pack your items into these containers and if you can do so in 15 minutes or less,the $19.99 pick-up fee is waived.
3. We pick up your containers: your containers are loaded on a GPS-tracked and alarmed vehicle for transport to Valet Dépôt’s secure storage facility.
4. We store your items: our heated facility is equipped with state-of-the-art security and surveillance systems. Barcode technology tracks your containers so they can be quickly found and retrieved when you need them.
5. We redeliver: in the Spring and Fall, we will send you a message informing you of when we will be in your neighbourhood so you can take advantage of our free delivery service. If you need your items delivered anytime outside of the scheduled delivery window, Valet Dépôt is available 7 days a week to hand-deliver them to you for a small, additional charge.
Montreal’s most affordable storage solution
With Valet Dépôt, you only pay by the container or large item, unlike self-storage where you pay for the entire space, even if you do not use it.
|Item||Price||Size (L x W x H)||Weight||Included insurance|
|Small container||$1.70||55.4 x 38.6 x 24.9 cm||18 kg||$100|
|Medium container||$3.02||68.3 x 43.4 x 32 cm||18 kg||$200|
|Large container||$5.13||70.9 x 52.3 x 39.6 cm 1||18 kg||$300|
|Golf bag||$6.25||-||18 kg||$500|
*Additional insurance is available at $0.10 per $100 of declared value.
For more information or to schedule an interview with Valet Dépôt Founder & President James Bastian, contact:
Cristelle Basmaji, Youville
About Valet Dépôt
Valet Dépôt grew out of a company that already had an intimate knowledge of storage and security. Our sister company, Docu-Dépôt, has provided records and information storage and management solutions to companies in Montréal for close to 25 years. The same facilities, technology and professional staff used to protect confidential corporate documents and information assets are used to store individuals’ seasonal items. Valet Dépôt is Montreal’s first and only valet service that provides a convenient, hassle-free, affordable and secure solution to seasonal storage needs.
Sources: *The Gazette, February 2015. **The Altus Group, September 2015.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Open to the public during the following hours:
Mon-Fri from 8:00-17:00
After 17:00 Dial (514) 271-3223 ext 299 and leave a message. We will contact you within 5 minutes.
© Copyright 2017 Docu-Dépôt. All Rights Reserved.