NAID AAA Certification is a voluntary program for companies providing information destruction services. It allows businesses to verify that potential information destruction vendors have met information disposal standards as established by the National Association of Information Destruction (NAID). NAID is a non-profit, standards-setting body for the information destruction industry. Founded in 1994, its mission is to promote proper destruction of all forms of discarded information. In order to do this, NAID has forged strong relationships with lawmakers and regulators around the world in order to help set appropriate guidelines for the destruction of information. NAID also produces an extensive catalog of destruction-guidance publications and enforces security standards for NAID-certified organizations around the world. Through the NAID AAA Certification program, NAID members may seek certification for the following services:
NAID AAA Certification Audits
NAID AAA Certification is achieved after meeting the requirements of a rigorous initial audit. All audits are performed by security professionals who have earned Certified Protection Professional (CPP) accreditation, issued by the American Society for Industrial Security International (ASIS). The following areas are assessed in the audit process:
- Employee hiring and screening practices
- Operational security standards
- The destruction process
- Insurance liability
All NAID AAA Certified shredding companies are subject to unannounced visits from auditors to ensure their ongoing compliance with information destruction standards.
Why Choose a NAID AAA Certified Shredding Company?
When you choose a NAID AAA Certified shredding company, you can be certain the processes used to destroy your documents follow the most rigorous industry security standards and regulatory requirements. Using a NAID AAA Certified vendor provides you with the following benefits:
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) compliance
- Reduction of information breach liability
- Help with the prevention of identity theft and fraud
Docu-Dépôt is NAID AAA Certified
Docu-Dépôt is proud to be part of an elite group of information destruction companies in Canada that have been awarded NAID AAA Certification. The following security specifications have been verified by NAID auditors:
- Persons with a known criminal history are not employed
- Strict security and operations policies and procedures are written and followed by all staff members
- Destruction equipment is functioning properly
- Access to materials is restricted to authorized staff members at all times
- Containers and vehicles protect information from unauthorized access at all times during transport and processing
- Chain of custody procedures are documented and followed
- CCTV video of the destruction can be captured and retained
Not all paper shredding service companies are NAID AAA Certified. To verify the qualifications of your paper shredding vendor, look for the NAID AAA logo or visit www.naidonline.org. To find out more about Docu-Dépôt’s NAID AAA Certified paper shredding services, please contact us by phone or complete the form on this page.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Open to the public during the following hours:
Mon-Fri from 8:00-17:00
After 17:00 Dial (514) 271-3223 ext 299 and leave a message. We will contact you within 5 minutes.
© Copyright 2020 Docu-Dépôt. All Rights Reserved.